These dairy free brownies are a rich chocolatey brownie using oil instead of butter. Their chewy, fudgy and come together so easily!
Dairy free brownies are such a delicious treat to bake without compromising on flavor and texture. They're so simple to make, you'll never want to use a box mix again.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE
CHEWY AND FUDGY- These brownies have such a good texture.
EASY TO MAKE- These brownies come together in just a few minutes with some basic ingredients.
DAIRY FREE- Using oil instead of butter allows for these to be loved by anyone who is avoiding dairy.
- Flour- If you have a scale weighing your flour will be best to keep these extra fudgy.
- Cocoa Powder- I prefer to use dutch process, but whatever you have works great.
- Oil- I love using coconut oil, but any neutral oil can be used.
- Eggs- Allow eggs to come to room temperature before starting.
- Chocolate Chips- Make sure they are dairy free if you need them to be.
- Salt Flakes- I love the addition of salt on my baked good. It helps enhance the chocolate flavor and balances the sweetness.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spray.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
STEP THREE: In another medium bowl mix together oil, both sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients.
STEP FOUR: Fold in chocolate chips if using them. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
STEP FIVE: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Allow brownies to cool completely before serving.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
I have given both cups and grams as measurements. Grams will be more precise, especially when measuring flour. If you don’t have a kitchen scale, no problem! Just lightly spoon flour into your measuring cup to insure its not packed in there. Light and fluffy is the key.
Allow your brownies to cool completely before cutting into them. This will help them set up properly.
To get a clean cut on brownies use a plastic knife, or run your metal knife in warm water between cuts.
Yes, you can sub in a gluten free flour to make these gluten and dairy free.
Yes, you can double this recipe and bake in a 9x13 pan. You will need to add more time to bake up.
No, chocolate chips do not need to be added. You are welcome to omit, or sub with nuts, toffee bits, peanut butter cups or anything that sounds good.
STORING AND FREEZING
Dairy free brownies are great for staying fresh on the counter. Just store them in an airtight container or wrap well with plastic wrap and they’ll last for 3-4 days.
If you want to prepare these ahead of time you can just wrap the whole pan well in plastic wrap and freeze until needed, or take them out of the pan, cut them and place in ziplock bags. You can also freeze any leftovers and they will stay fresh for up to 3 months. Just set them out and allow them to get to room temperature before serving.
OTHER DAIRY FREE RECIPES TO TRY:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do.
Make sure to leave a star review below!
Dairy Free Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup neutral or coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips optional
- flaked salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl mix together oil, both sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and smooth. Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips if using them. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Allow brownies to cool completely before serving.
I’m saving this recipe forever and doubling it next time because my family ate up one batch so quickly. Quick to throw together, I really appreciate that the recipe includes grams. Cracked top, crunchy sides, fudgey center, and thankfully dairy free. Thank you Brooke!