This simple chocolate peanut butter protein shake is made with just a few basic ingredients, but leaves you feeling full and satisfied, like you just drank a big old chocolate milkshake.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN SHAKE
I have a confession, I have a baking blog full of cookies, cakes and more, and yet I find myself drinking this protein shake most nights to crave my sweet tooth. And I'm not the only one! I've turned my teenage son onto these and he asks me to make "our shake" most nights too.
There's always been something about enjoying a big sweet treat at night that gets me through my day. I look forward to that time alone on the couch at night when I could get my kids to bed, turn on a show and enjoy something indulgent. After years of pizzokies, too many cookies, or going back for seconds and thirds of ice cream scoops I decided to try drinking a protein shake at night instead to see if it could leave me with the same satisfaction and it did. It actually seems better, because its pretty big, and seems to last longer while I'm eating and enjoying. And while I will never give up cookies, or other baked goods, I've found there's a place for it all! So whether you feel the need for a treat at night, or are just looking for a way to get some extra protein in during the day, this shake will blow you away with how good it is.
- Bananas, helps with texture
- Cashew Milk, or any kind of milk you prefer
- Coffee Creamer, I use Califia Farms Vanilla
- Almond/Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
- PB Fit, or peanut butter
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Whip Cream
HOW TO MAKE THIS PROTEIN SHAKE
- Start with placing ice and bananas into your blender cup. Add milk and creamer.
- Add cocoa powder, pb fit and protein powder.
- Throw in your cinnamon, salt and extract.
- After blending, pour into your cup. I like to use an insulated cup because it keeps it from melting. But for the sake of showing you I used a glass one to see through.
- Top with more pb fit powder, then whip cream and extra toppings.
MY FAVORITE SHAKE TOPPINGS
- Whip cream
- Cocoa Nibs
- My Almond Coconut Granola
- Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- Heath Toffee Bits
- Anything your heart desires!
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- 6½ ounces ice
- chunk of frozen banana
- 6½ ounces cashew milk any milk is fine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla coffee creamer any flavor works
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract can sub vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pb fit can use peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder I use Clean Simple Eats brownie batter
- 1 tablespoon pb fit
- whipping cream
- cocoa nibs, slivered almonds, granola
- Place ice and frozen banana in blender cup, add cashew milk and creamer. Add almond extract, salt and cinnamon. Top with cocoa powder, pb fit and protein powder.
- Blend about 1 minute. Pour into an insulated cup if you have one. Top with pb fit, but don't stir it in, then whipping cream and any other toppings you'd like. I always use cocoa nibs, almonds, granola, and usually some cinnamon chex cereal.