This easy almond coconut granola is hands down the best granola ever. The flavors of toasted coconut, almonds and oats is so perfect. Use to top your ice cream, yogurt bowls or even just eat by the handfuls.
EASY ALMOND COCONUT GRANOLA
I remember the first time I made granola and was shocked to find out how quick and easy it came together, and with very few ingredients. And the best part is its like the kitchen sink, you can easily throw in different kinds of nuts or dried fruits based off what you have on hand. The other reason that I prefer to make it myself is because a lot of the store bought granola is loaded with preservatives that I’d rather not have in this healthy snack.
HOW TO SERVE THIS SIMPLE GRANOLA
This granola is the perfect topping for so many things. You can use it with fresh fruit in a yogurt or smoothie bowl, in a bowl with milk like its a cereal, I like to use it as a salad topping when I’m making a fresh fruit salad, top your ice cream or milkshake with it, or just eat it by the handful which ends up happening a lot at our house.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY ALMOND COCONUT GRANOLA
The nice things is most of this you probably already have on hand.
- slivered almonds
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- almond extract
HOW BEST TO STORE THIS GRANOLA
This homemade granola should be able to last for a few months if stored in an airtight container. Just make sure that if you are using any nuts they have a far enough expiration date, so they won’t affect this and go rancid as nuts can do. I sometimes store half in my pantry and the other half in my freezer to give it an even longer life.
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do.
Easy Almond Coconut Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 tbsp flour all purpose, wheat, coconut, almond.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, almonds, coconut and peptides/flour together in a medium size bowl.
- In a seperate bowl or large measuring cup whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, almond extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Once finished cooking stir in raisins.
- Let cool, and store in an airtight container.