This Easy Biscoff Mug Cake is the perfect way to curb your sweet tooth in less than 5 minutes! Delicious, moist and full or warm flavors.
I’ve become addicted to this easy biscoff mug cake when I just need a quick dessert at night, just for myself. It’s good right out of the microwave, or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a few cookie crumbs.
If you’re looking for other simple desserts that are single serving or small batch you should try my small batch peanut butter cookies that only make 4 cookies. Or I’ve got a protein powder mug cake that is easy and is loaded with 30 grams of protein.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
Single Serving- The perfect thing to make when you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want to commit to a large dessert.
Quick to make- This mug cake is made from start to finish in less than 5 minutes.
Tender & Moist- This cake is so soft and tender, you’ll be shocked it was made in a microwave.
- Biscoff Spread- I find this at my local grocery store, but trader joes also sells cookie butter that works great.
- Oil- I have used both canola and coconut oil. You just don’t want to use a strong oil such as olive oil because it will give your cake a different taste.
- Brown Sugar- I love the richer more caramel taste from using brown sugar, but granulated would work just fine also.
- Baking Powder- This is what is going to help your mug cake grow in the microwave.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP ONE: Place biscoff spread into a large mug and microwave for 20 seconds to melt. This will help the batter mix easier.
STEP TWO: Add the oil, vanilla and milk and mix into biscoff spread. Then add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and flour and mix together with a fork.
STEP THREE: Microwave for 60-70 seconds, depending on your microwave. I watch mine and stop it about 60 seconds, when it is starting to reach maximum height. You can put it back in for another 10 seconds, until just the top still looks a little wet in the middle.
STEP FOUR: Allow to cool slightly before topping or eating.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
When in doubt, err on the side of undercooking your mug cake. You don’t want to dry it out and it will continue to cook and set as it cools.
Make sure that your mug is big enough to allow it to grow. Before cooking you mug should only be about 1/2 full of batter.
This mug cake can be baked in the oven. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. You can test the center with a toothpick to make sure it’s done baking.
Yes, biscoff spread is vegan, so just use a nut or oat milk and it will be vegan.
It could be because your mug was too small to hold all the ingredients. Make sure that before cooking the mug is no more than half full with batter.
Your mug cake may not be soft because it was over-mixed. You want to make sure all ingredients are incorporated, but don’t mix for too long.
HOW TO STORE
This easy biscoff mug cake is best eaten when fresh, the day of. If you want to save some, store it covered in the fridge, and then reheat in the microwave just until warm. This is not good for freezing.
OTHER BISCOFF RECIPES TO TRY
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do.
Make sure to leave a star review below!
Easy Biscoff Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp biscoff spread
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp milk I used cashew
- 2 tbsp brown sugar granulated sugar is fine too
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Place biscoff spread into a large mug and microwave for 20 seconds to melt.
- Add the oil, vanilla and milk and mix into biscoff spread. Then add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and flour and mix together with a fork.
- Microwave for 60-70 seconds, depending on your microwave. I watch mine and stop it about 60 seconds, when it is starting to reach maximum height. You can put it back in for another 10 seconds, until just the top still looks a little wet in the middle.
- Allow to cool slightly before topping or eating.