Mini egg brownies are a chewy and fudgy chocolate brownie loaded with cadbury mini eggs for some extra bits of chocolate and crunch.
These mini egg brownies are an easy one bowl brownie recipe that adds mini eggs to make them extra delicious and fun for the holidays. No Easter is complete without mini eggs!
If you're looking for other Easter recipes to try you should my chocolate chip Cadbury cookies that are another good way to incorporate mini eggs. Or if you're looking for something a little more special the best coconut cake ever is always a hit, or carrot cake with brown butter cream cheese frosting for something more traditional.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE
QUICK & EASY- These brownies can be made in one bowl and baked in thirty minutes, which means no planning ahead necessary!
CHEWY & FUDGY- These brownies are made using melted butter and melted chocolate for extra fudgy goodness.
PERFECT FOR HOLIDAYS- Everyone always loves mini eggs, and this is the perfect way to use them in a dessert.
- Butter- You are going to melt the butter and chocolate together to start these brownies.
- Chocolate Chips- Using melted chocolate chips helps keep these brownies extra fudgy.
- Eggs- Make sure they are room temperature before starting the brownies.
- All-Purpose Flour- Always use a scale to measure if you have one. If you don’t, lightly spoon flour into measuring cup so that it does not get too packed in.
- Cocoa Powder- We use both cocoa powder and melted chocolate to give an extra chocolate flavor.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs- These chocolate eggs have such a sweet taste and a perfect crunch.
- Flaked Sea Salt- The sprinkle of salt on the top is the perfect balance with the sweet brownies.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: PREP OVEN/PAN. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spray.
STEP 2: MELT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE. Start by melting the butter and 3 ounces of chocolate chips together in the microwave. I start with 30 seconds and then stir, continue in 15 second intervals until melted.
STEP 3: WET INGREDIENTS. In a medium mixing bowl, mix melted butter/chocolate with sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
STEP 4: DRY INGREDIENTS. Whisk in baking powder, salt, flour and cocoa powder.
STEP 5: MINI EGGS. Fold in most of the broken mini eggs, and then place some on the top of the batter also.
STEP 6: BAKE. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. You want the edges to start to pull away from the sides of the pan and darken, and a toothpick inserted in the middle to come out clean. Sprinkle with sea salt.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
When melting the butter and chocolate together just make sure you do not burn the chocolate. This is why I like to do it in short increments, stirring in between.
Allowing your ingredients to come to room temperature before beginning will always result in a better bake. If you don’t have time to let your eggs sit out for long, place them in a bowl with some luke warm water until they are not longer cold.
This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9x13 pan. Adding about 5 minutes to the baking time will be necessary. Continue checking with toothpick in the center until done.
Fudgy brownies have a higher fat ratio. This comes from using more butter and chocolate and less flour.
Yes. Butter and oil work interchangeably in this brownie recipe.
Placing a toothpick in the center of the brownie is the easiest way to tell. You want the toothpick to come out with a few crumbs, but no liquid batter.
Mini egg brownies are great for staying fresh on the counter. Just store them in an airtight container or wrap well with plastic wrap and they’ll last for 4-5 days.
If you want to prepare these ahead of time you can just wrap the whole pan well in plastic wrap and freeze until needed, or take them out of the pan, cut them and place in ziplock bags. You can also freeze any leftovers and they will stay fresh for up to 3 months. Just set them out and allow them to get to room temperature before serving.
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES TO TRY
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do.
Make sure to leave a star review below!
Mini Egg Brownies
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 5 oz Cadbury mini eggs broken into large pieces.
- flaked sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper and spray.
- Start by melting the butter and 3 ounces of chocolate chips together in the microwave. I start with 30 seconds and then stir, continue in 15 second intervals until melted.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix melted butter/chocolate with sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Whisk in baking powder, salt, flour and cocoa powder. Fold in most of the broken mini eggs, and then place some on the top of the batter also.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes. You want the edges to start to pull away from the sides of the pan and darken, and a toothpick inserted in the middle to come out clean. Sprinkle with sea salt. Then allow them to sit and firm up while they cool.
Cadbury is my favorite chocolate. So combine with these brownies that are rich with flavor and super gooey….magical! Best.brownies.ever.
Made these as written for a gathering with friends last night-everyone loved them and kept commenting how good they were! They are SO fudgy. Perfect crisp on the outside, super fudgy on the inside, good crunch with the Cadbury eggs, and the flake salt topped them off perfectly!