Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are an easy one bowl recipe, that gives the fluffiest, flavorful muffins. They are filled with warm spices, chocolate chips, and perfect for pumpkin season.
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are exactly what every fall season calls for. And quite honestly they're so good with to without the chocolate chips because the actual muffin has such a soft texture and warm flavor.
If you love enjoying pumpkin bakes you should definitely try my easy pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, or my brown butter pumpkin sugar cookies with brown sugar frosting.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE
PUMPKIN & CHOCOLATE- One of the best combo's ever, and perfect for fall and winter.
QUICK & EASY- These muffins are made in one bowl, and less than thirty minutes!
PERFECT FOR ON THE GO- I love muffins because you can prep them and have them ready for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Oil- I love using coconut oil, but any neutral oil works great.
- Eggs- Make sure your eggs are room temperature before starting. This will help your muffins have a better rise.
- Pumpkin Puree- This is different than pumpkin pie filling.
- Chocolate Chips- I use semi-sweet, but use whatever you love the most.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP ONE: In a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin purée, water and vanilla until smooth.
STEP TWO: Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
STEP THREE: Using a ¼ cup cookie scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Top with a few additional chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
These muffins will have the best results if made with room temperature ingredients. I like to pull my eggs out of the fridge, and measure out my water an hour or two before I start baking.
I have given both cups and grams as measurements. Grams will be more precise, especially when measuring flour. If you don’t have a kitchen scale, no problem! Just lightly spoon flour into your measuring cup to insure its not packed in there. Light and fluffy is the key.
The best way to tell if muffins are done is by watching for a light golden rim around the edge, and if you lightly touch it in the center it will bounce back.
Yes, but sometimes the texture of fresh is not as thick and so the muffin batter might be slightly runnier.
Yes, you can do either. If making them mini I would suggest baking for 10-12 minutes. If making them jumbo I would bake for about 25-30 minutes.
STORING AND FREEZING
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days while remaining fresh. Keep in mind that the tops of the muffins will start to soften once in a sealed container.
I love freezing my muffins and pulling them out for a quick on the go breakfast. You can store them all together in a large ziplock bag or airtight container, or place them in individual bags so you can grab one every time you want one.
OTHER MUFFIN RECIPES TO TRY
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment if you make them and love them as much as I do.
And please make sure to leave a star review below!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ½ cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup water room temperature
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and fill muffin cups with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, pumpkin purée, water and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a ¼ cup cookie scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Top with a few additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Leave a Reply