Peanut butter blossom cookies are the perfect simple holiday cookie. A basic peanut butter cookie upgraded with a milk chocolate hershey kiss on top!
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIES
Who doesn't love a peanut butter blossom cookie?? I would say almost nobody! These are one of the most nostalgic Christmas cookies for me that I couldn't never skip a year of making. Growing up we had some neighbors that always brought them to us, and I would look forward to them every year. Now my kids look forward to me making them every year. Sometimes I even double the recipe and let them take plates to their friends because they are such a popular cookie.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE COOKIES
Peanut Butter/Chocolate Combo- There perfect marriage of flavors between peanut butter and milk chocolate. A combo that everyone seems to love!
Quick & Easy- These cookies come together in less than 30 minutes with no chilling required.
Perfect for Gifts or Holiday Exchanges- This recipe makes about 40 cookies in one recipe, or can easily be doubled to make more than 80 cookies! Sound like a winner when you need a lot of cookies.
Fun to Bake with Kids- My kids always love helping with these cookies by unwrapping all of the hershey kisses and sticking them on the freshly baked cookies for me.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Baking Soda
- Hershey Kisses
- Flaked Sea Salt
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add peanut butter and stir until combined.
Next add in egg, milk and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
Baking soda, salt and flour are added last, and mix until just combined. Do not over mix dry ingredients.
Using a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheets. These cookies do not spread much, so you can place about 20 per cookie sheet. Sprinkle cookies with a little flaked sea salt.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are beginning to crinkle and puff up a bit. As soon as you've removed the cookies from the oven, stick a hershey kiss on top of each cookie. Place cookies into the fridge after for about 10-15 minutes so that the chocolate remains firm.
I have found that most recipes for these cookies have you baking a larger cookie, and I don't love that cookie to hershey kiss ratio as well. I would suggest using a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop if you have one, or a 1 tablespoon if not. If the cookies are too large you don't get a bit of chocolate with every bite.
I love to have a firm and pretty hershey kiss on top, so I love to chill these cookies for about 10-15 minutes after sticking the kiss on top to keep it from melting a bit when pressed into the warm cookie.
Using a scale will result in a more precise cookie every time. It also helps with a cleaner process because you don't have to measure out each individual ingredient, and let me tell you... peanut butter is messy!
These cookies will store for 2-3 days in an airtight container, or for a few months if kept in the freezer.
IF YOU LOVE PEANUT BUTTER YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY:
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment below if you make them and love them as much as I do.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter not natural
- 1 large egg room temp
- 2 tablespoon milk room temp
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies in
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling on top
- 10 oz bag hershey kisses unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together shortening and sugars until smooth. Add peanut butter and mix again.
- Add in egg, milk and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix dry ingredients.
- Using a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheets. These cookies do not spread much, so you can place about 20 per cookie sheet. Sprinkle cookies with a little flaked sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are beginning to crinkle and puff up a bit. As soon as you've removed the cookies from the oven, stick a hershey kiss on top of each cookie. Place cookies into the fridge for about 10-15 minutes after so that the chocolate remains firm.