Lucky charms cereal bars are sweet, chewy and so easy to make. Loaded with marshmallows, lucky charms and rice krispies for the ultimate cereal lovers treat!
These lucky charms cereal bars are always my favorite thing to make in the month of March for St. Patrick's Day, or anytime I have an urge to buy a box of lucky charms. They're colorful, fun and a perfect quick treat to make with kids.
And if you love these you'll also love my M&M Rice Krispie Treats.
Why You Will Love These
Quick & Easy: These can be made in about 15 minutes or less, and they're easy enough to have kids help out with!
Crunchy & Chewy: The best texture from having gooey marshmallows paired with crunchy cereal.
Perfect for Celebrating: Such a cute and simple treat to make for celebrating St. Patrick's Day.
- Butter: I always use salted butter in my recipes to help counteract the sweetness..
- Salt: I add just a bit more flaked salt, as these bars are so sweet.
- Lucky Charms: You'll be using both the cereal and the marshmallows, but I also like to pull out a handful of more marshmallows for topping.
- Rice Krispies: I like to add these because they add extra crunch.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Spray an 8x8, or slightly smaller, pan with cooking spray and set aside. Can also line with parchment paper.
Step 2: Start by melting the butter over medium-low heat in a medium size saucepan. Once butter is all melted, turn off heat and add marshmallows and salt to pan and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
Step 3: Remove from heat and add lucky charms and rice krispies and stir until completely coated.
Step 4: Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press down firmly to create an even layer and compact rice krispie treats. Top with a bit more lucky charms marshmallows for extra color.
Tips and Tricks
I always firmly press my bars into the pan using wax paper, so that they are more compact.
These bars are pretty thick, so you can press them into a 9x13 pan for a thinner bar.
Make sure your ingredients are fresh. Using a hard bag of marshmallows, or an older soft box of cereal will not give you the correct results.
You should allow your lucky charms cereal bars to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. They will not only have a better texture, but will also taste better.
It is important to use fresh, soft marshmallows. When you use ones that are too hard and stale this will affect the texture of your treats. It is also important not to melt or cook the marshmallows for too long.
This particular recipe was made for lucky charms and rice krispies. Using other cereals will result in a different texture.
Lucky charms cereal bars will remain fresh for 3-4 days if stored at room temperature in an air tight container.
Other Easy Treats to Try
For more yummy treats follow me on instagram @thesaltedsweets. And be sure to tag me and comment if you make them and love them as much as I do.
And please make sure to leave a star review below!
Lucky Charms Cereal Bars
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 11 oz mini marshmallows
- ¼ teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 4 cups lucky charms
- 3 cups rice krispies
- ¼ cup lucky charms marshmallows for topping
- Spray an 8x8, or slightly smaller, pan with cooking spray and set aside. Can also line with parchment paper.
- Start by melting the butter over medium-low heat in a medium size saucepan. Once butter is all melted, turn off heat and add marshmallows and salt to pan and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add lucky charms and rice krispies and stir until completely coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press down firmly to create an even layer and compact rice krispie treats. Top with a bit more lucky charms marshmallows for extra color.
- Allow to cool/set completely before serving.
Just finished whipping this up for a fun surprise to put in kids lunches tomorrow. I couldn't stop popping bites in my mouth as I was finishing it up. Addicting.
I love that!! Such a cute idea, and I agree.. super addicting!
So yummy! I was Skeptical about the cereal because it can get soggy but with the rice crispy + cereal mix they are perfect and so festive for the mom who doesn't do much for St. Patty's Day 🙂